|| HP Patent Information Centre ||
A Patent Information Centre has been established in Himachal Pradesh in
the Council in the year 1998, by Patent facilitating Centre (PFC), Technical
Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), Department of Science
& Technology, GOI, New Delhi.
- To provide information and facilities to individuals, scientists and technologists of the state for filing patent.
- Creating awareness & understanding relating to patents and other Intellectual
Property Rights, (IPRs) i.e. Copyright, Trademarks etc. through workshops,
seminars, conferences etc.
Financial Support Available for Filing Patents
- Computerised patent search facility.
- Basic information to file a patent.
- Forwarding the applications to PFC for detailed search of patents.
- Forwarding the applications to PFC or NRDC in case financial assistance
is required by the applicant.
- Periodicals and reference literature on IPR's.
Guidelines for the Inventor
- Patent Facilitating Cell,
provides financial support for obtaining patents and also for post patent actions in respect of
patentable inventions emanating from research funded by:
- Department of Science and Technology
- An Indian University/Educational Research Institute
- Any other central/state government department/agency
- The National Research
Development Corporation (NRDC) gives financial assistance to individual
inventors and to those in scientific and industrial fields for patenting
their inventions which are proved to be workable, advantageous, useful
and commercially viable (conditions apply). Guidance for filing the
patent is also provided.
How to Obtain Services from HPPIC
- No details regarding the invention should be made public through print,
seminar, exhibition or any other mean till the patent filling is over.
- Maintain chronological record of your research activities.
- File patent application as early as possible. You may even file application
with provisional specification.
- Plan in advance for maximum commercial exploitation of the patent
- Select patent attorney and draft your claim properly.
- Use patent information to judge the patentability of your invention
- Ascertain where to file the patent.
Download the form, fill it up and send to the HPPIC.
Patent Facilitating Centre, Technical Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), Department of Science & Technology, GOI.
This site is hosted by National Informatics Centre (NIC), New Delhi. This
site provides free online access to INPADOC-EPIDOS database to the registered
users. Registration is open to all and is free of cost. The INPADOC-EPIDOS
database is produced by the European Patent Office (EPO).
Council for Science, Technology and Environment, HP |